Cross_01

Cross_01

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Many are called. Few will answer.

“I have some doubts about Christianity.” “I’m not a religious person.” “People will judge me by my past.” “What will others think of me?” “I’m not good enough to go to church.” “I can’t control my sinful habits.” “I don’t believe there is a God.” “I’ve been betrayed by so-called Christians.” “I belong to another religion.” “I’m a good person.”
Well I have some news for you! The gospel of Jesus Christ has everything to do with you! You’ve been created and since then has taken part in infecting the world around with sinful actions. Your sins will always have a hold on you and hurt the people around you until you surrender your will to Jesus Christ. Try using your own goodness to go a day, a week, a month without sinning and you’ll learn very fast that your “goodness” does not add up. It can’t supply you and it definitely can’t supply anyone else around you with the power to live life in a righteous manner. Whether you are a believer or not the wages of sin will still affect you and everyone around you. Because there is sin in this world there’s death in this world also. Everyone is a victim. Our only hope is the grace given to us through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Through it we know that we can be transformed into righteous people and live a godly life that leads us straight into an eternal one in Heaven. We can only see the effects of the gospel of Jesus Christ when people stand up and act out on faith. We see light overcome darkness, forgiveness overcome resentment, healing overcome pain, and life overcome death.

No comments: